- 1 tbsp. unsalted butter at room temperature or nonstick pan spray
- 2 c all-purpose flour
- 1/4 c whole-wheat flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 3/4 c light brown sugar
- Zest of 1 orange
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 c ricotta cheese
- 1 tsp. almond extract
- 1/3 c canola or grapeseed oil
- 3/4 c plain Greek-style yogurt
- 1 c semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 9-inch by 5-inch loaf pan with butter.
- Whisk together the flours, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Use your fingers to rub the sugar with the orange zest in a large bowl until fragrant. Add the eggs, ricotta, and almond extract. Whisk in the canola oil and lastly the yogurt. Switch to a wooden spoon and stir the dry ingredients into the sugar mixture until nearly combined, then add the chocolate chips and stir until mostly mixed in. Use a rubber spatula to scrape the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake until the center of the cake resists light pressure and a cake tester comes out with only a crumb or two attached, 40 to 50 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool completely before running a paring knife around the edges of the load and turning it out onto a plate. Slice and serve.